asp.net webapplications without using virtual directories

Guest

Is there a way to do this? Everytime I try to make an asp.net web application
without using a virtual directory, I cannot name the project, it is named
localhost and when using the designer to select a path, I am forced to use
absolute paths (the root relative option is not available). Is there a way
around this?

Anders Matthiessen

Jason said:
Is there a way to do this? Everytime I try to make an asp.net web application
without using a virtual directory, I cannot name the project, it is named
localhost and when using the designer to select a path, I am forced to use
absolute paths (the root relative option is not available). Is there a way
around this?

Yes. This guide (which made, based upon the first one made by Fritz)
makes it possible to make asp.net pages where you want, without
frontpage. Then you can set up IIS to set the root to where
you saved the page:

http://pluralsight.com/wiki/default.aspx/Fritz.AspNetWithoutWebProjects2

/Anders