Asp.net wont validate form

Guest

Hi everyone

I have a web form where the validation works pefectly

I copied the file, renamed it, and all of a sudden the validation stopped
working(on the copied form). I have two panels on them. Both have validation
controls in them and only one panel is visible at a time. The first panel
validtion works fine, but the 2nd one doesnt. All it has is few textboxes, a
requiredValidator and a image command button. The valdiation is server side
too.

When the textbox is empty, an error is suppose to fire up. But it does not.
I call Me.Validate manually and then check Me.IsValid but it always returns
true. Then I even call the validation control's Validate() function and
nothing.

anyone has any ideas?

Adrian

Guest

When you copied the form, did you go back and make sure all of the internal
names matched the copied name? If not, you might still be running against the
old CodeBehind (assuming VS.NET 2002/3 and not VS 2005).

I would go through debug and see what is being called. You may have also
lost your event wiring (Handles MYButton_Click at the end of the event
method). This is common when you dink with things outside of the normal
day-to-day ops. If so, you are not even firing an event on that button, so
you will not validate. In Debug, you will notice this really fast, as you
will never hit a breakpoint.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Guest

When I copied the form, what I really did (sorry for not being clear before)
before is I created the file through VS.net(2002), renamed the class within
the code. Then I just copied the html portion to the new file.

My buttons do have their handles setup correctly too. I even deleted all the
textboxs and the validators and recreated them and no luck.

- Adrian