ASP.Net + Word on Xeon Dual Processor.. very slow !?!?!

Goldrake

I really hope that somebody can help me to solve a problem....

I have an asp.net application that call word to make an automation for
generate a document (inserting various table and file in the document).

I tested the application on a desktop pc (P4 2.8Ghz, 512MB) with Win2k3Srv
installed and all run without problem.

The same application running on a Xeon P4 HT Dual Processor with 2GB Ram +
Win2000Srv, is tremendously slower. It takes three times more comparing with
the "normal" pc desktop.

I checked the cpu usage with task manager during the processing, and I
noticed that the occupation level never exceed 20/25% with many periods of
0% !!!

Instead, during the processing on the "normal" pc, the cpu usage never go
down less than 80% !!!

No errors was logged in the event viewer.

Can you help me to understand where's the problem ???

Thanks.
Aldo