ASP pages wont work on iis xp pro

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Catherine, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. Catherine

    Catherine Guest

    I am having a problem viewing asp pages on iis version
    5.1 xp pro.

    HTML pages are viewable on http://localhost but .asp
    pages are not. I have created a test program called
    timetest.asp with the following code:

    <head>
    <title>Test ASP</title>
    charset=iso-8859-1">
    </head>

    <% response.write "Testing ASP" %>

    When I create testing.asp and place it in the file:

    c:\InetPub\wwwroot\testing.asp

    When I open my browser using http://localhost/testing.asp
    I see a blank screen??

    The html section of the page displays on
    http://localhost/testing.asp but the asp script does
    not??

    All the following have been done:

    - Configured IIS accordingly
    - Followed instructions for server setup
    - No php and jsp compilers are installed.
    - Uninstalled and Reinstalled IIS
    - asp.dll does exist in the correct directory, plus all
    files the dll file requires.
    - All root directories are on the local machine using
    NTFS.
    - Firewalls disabled
    - Norton anti virus installed on machine but scipt
    blocking disabled.

    Is there anything else I need to do or could try to try
    and get my web server to display asp pages.

    I was signed on as administrator when I installed IIS.

    GPO's and domain controller permissions are set to none

    I did have the wormblaster virus and adwaregator virus on
    my machine before I dont have any of the patches left I
    downloaded initially but maybe they damaged some of my
    files.

    I just havent a clue why it wont work and tearing my hair
    out trying to get it to work.

    Thanks for any help in advance.

    Cat

    Catherine, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Catherine

    Bob Barrows Guest

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Catherine

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 05:31:51 -0700, "Catherine" <>
    wrote:

    >I am having a problem viewing asp pages on iis version
    >5.1 xp pro.
    >
    >HTML pages are viewable on http://localhost but .asp
    >pages are not. I have created a test program called
    >timetest.asp with the following code:

    ><head>
    ><title>Test ASP</title>
    >charset=iso-8859-1">
    ></head>

    ><% response.write "Testing ASP" %>

    >When I create testing.asp and place it in the file:
    >
    >c:\InetPub\wwwroot\testing.asp
    >
    >When I open my browser using http://localhost/testing.asp
    >I see a blank screen??
    >
    >The html section of the page displays on
    >http://localhost/testing.asp but the asp script does
    >not??

    Okay, blank screen or only shows HTML? Did you install the IIS
    Lockdown Tool and forget to allow ASP scripts? Personal firewall or
    AV software that blocks scripts?

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Catherine

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:58:03 -0700, "TJS" <> wrote:

    >5.1 is a little different...
    >from the snap in, make sure there is a virtual folder created beneath the
    >default web site
    >put your test page in this folder, I don't believe it will run in the
    >default website folder

    Works fine in the default website folder. On all versions of IIS.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Catherine

    Guest

    I have the same problem. I get the message "Class does
    not exist" any idea?

    Thanks

    http://localhost/testing.asp
    >I see a blank screen??
    >
    >The html section of the page displays on
    >http://localhost/testing.asp but the asp script does
    >not??
    >

    >All the following have been done:
    >
    >- Configured IIS accordingly
    >- Followed instructions for server setup
    >- No php and jsp compilers are installed.
    >- Uninstalled and Reinstalled IIS
    >- asp.dll does exist in the correct directory, plus all
    >files the dll file requires.
    >- All root directories are on the local machine using
    >NTFS.
    >- Firewalls disabled
    >- Norton anti virus installed on machine but scipt
    >blocking disabled.
    >
    >Is there anything else I need to do or could try to try
    >and get my web server to display asp pages.
    >

    >I was signed on as administrator when I installed IIS.
    >
    >GPO's and domain controller permissions are set to none
    >
    >I did have the wormblaster virus and adwaregator virus

    on
    >my machine before I dont have any of the patches left I
    >downloaded initially but maybe they damaged some of my
    >files.
    >
    >I just havent a clue why it wont work and tearing my

    hair
    >out trying to get it to work.
    >

    >Thanks for any help in advance.
    >
    >Cat