ASP pages wont work on iis xp pro

Catherine

I am having a problem viewing asp pages on iis version
5.1 xp pro.

HTML pages are viewable on http://localhost but .asp
pages are not. I have created a test program called
timetest.asp with the following code:

<head>
<title>Test ASP</title>
charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<% response.write "Testing ASP" %>

When I create testing.asp and place it in the file:

c:\InetPub\wwwroot\testing.asp

When I open my browser using http://localhost/testing.asp
I see a blank screen??

The html section of the page displays on
http://localhost/testing.asp but the asp script does
not??

All the following have been done:

- Configured IIS accordingly
- Followed instructions for server setup
- No php and jsp compilers are installed.
- Uninstalled and Reinstalled IIS
- asp.dll does exist in the correct directory, plus all
files the dll file requires.
- All root directories are on the local machine using
NTFS.
- Firewalls disabled
- Norton anti virus installed on machine but scipt
blocking disabled.

Is there anything else I need to do or could try to try
and get my web server to display asp pages.

I was signed on as administrator when I installed IIS.

GPO's and domain controller permissions are set to none

I did have the wormblaster virus and adwaregator virus on
my machine before I dont have any of the patches left I
downloaded initially but maybe they damaged some of my
files.

I just havent a clue why it wont work and tearing my hair
out trying to get it to work.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cat

Jeff Cochran

I am having a problem viewing asp pages on iis version
5.1 xp pro.

HTML pages are viewable on http://localhost but .asp
pages are not. I have created a test program called
timetest.asp with the following code:

<head>
<title>Test ASP</title>
charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<% response.write "Testing ASP" %>

When I create testing.asp and place it in the file:

c:\InetPub\wwwroot\testing.asp

When I open my browser using http://localhost/testing.asp
I see a blank screen??

The html section of the page displays on
http://localhost/testing.asp but the asp script does
not??

Okay, blank screen or only shows HTML? Did you install the IIS
Lockdown Tool and forget to allow ASP scripts? Personal firewall or
AV software that blocks scripts?

Jeff

Jeff Cochran

5.1 is a little different...
from the snap in, make sure there is a virtual folder created beneath the
default web site
put your test page in this folder, I don't believe it will run in the
default website folder

Works fine in the default website folder. On all versions of IIS.

Jeff