asp problem in IIS5.1

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by vamsi, Apr 16, 2004.

  1. vamsi

    vamsi Guest

    Hi All,

    I have windows XP with IIS 5.1. My IIS is working fine
    with HTML Pages.but it is not working with ASP pages. if i
    select a .html file as initial document it is working
    fine. but if i select a .asp file as inistial document it
    not working. I am getting the following error.

    page can not be displayed - if i enable display
    friendly http error messages.

    if i uncheck the "Display friendly http error messages" in
    internet explorer, i am getting the follwing error message.

    Server Application Error
    the server has encountered an error while loading an
    application during te pocessing of your request. please
    refer to the event log for more detail information. Please
    contact the server aministrator for assistance.

    in Event Viewer. if found following warning event.The

    Event ID:36
    Source:W3SVC

    server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The
    error was 'Class not registered
    '.
    For additional information specific to this message please
    visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at:

    I checked in IIS for .asp association link (asp.dll) and
    it is there....

    I dont have any ideas to proceed funther... please help
    me...

    Thanks in Advance.,
    Vamsi.

    vamsi, Apr 16, 2004