asp:requiredfieldvalidator asks for permissions

Uso

Hi,
I have a problem with field validation. It used to work
fine and might be related to an upgrade to .Net 1.1
framework. Code with asp:requiredfieldvalidator now
prompts the user for username/password. On a "Cancel" it
proceeds but doesn't work correctly.
Has anyone phased this problem?

regards
Uso

Hans Kesting

Uso said:
Hi,
I have a problem with field validation. It used to work
fine and might be related to an upgrade to .Net 1.1
framework. Code with asp:requiredfieldvalidator now
prompts the user for username/password. On a "Cancel" it
proceeds but doesn't work correctly.
Has anyone phased this problem?

regards
Uso

I haven't seen it before. A suggestion:
the client-side code is in a special (virtual?) directory. Does access
to that directory require a login?

Hans Kesting

Uso

Using Sysinternals FileMon I found that inetinfo.exe is
getting an Access Denied when trying to Access:
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32
\SERVERAPPLIANCE\WEB\ASPNET_CLIENT\SYSTEM_WEB\1_1_4322
\WEBUIVALIDATION.JS

I gave Everyone "Read" and now it's working again.
The System allready had Full Access so I'm not sure why
Inetinfo had a problem accessing that dir/file in the firs
place.
Anyway, it's running now.

regards
Uso