ASP Rich Text Format

Connell Gauld

Hi,
I am using RTF files to store a template which has certain tags which
should be replaced with content with ASP. I can use the VBScript
function replace to do this substitution but is it possible to merge the
pages in one file with those in another from ASP? Is there also an easy
way to print out the result?

Thanks
Connell

PS - Using ASP as in Windows 2000 (IIS 5 i think)

Evertjan.

Connell Gauld wrote on 06 nov 2004 in
I am using RTF files to store a template which has certain tags which
should be replaced with content with ASP. I can use the VBScript
function replace to do this substitution but is it possible to merge the
pages in one file with those in another from ASP? Is there also an easy
way to print out the result?

ASP serverside file manipulation, converting the file to and from a string,
is always possible with vbscript or jscript.

However you would have to know the exact specification of RTF,
or just have a liking for the experimental.

However, long string manipulaton can be slow and processor intensive.