ASP / SQLServer connection

Peter Morris

Hi, I'm having trouble connecting to SQLServer in my ASP program.

here's the code

<%
dim objConnection, ObjRecorSet, strConnection, strOut, objCmd, objParameters
Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Connection")
strConnection = "DSN=SQL_Tracker;Database=Tracker;UID=sa;PWD=;"
objConnection.Open strConnection
%>

I'm getting this error on the line that opens the connection.

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user
'HOME\IUSR_HOME'.
/Tracker/list_team.asp, line 11

Notes:

I've set up the DSN called 'SQL_Tracker' in my ODBC settings.
When I use the Test Connection button it's successful.

The SQL Server is running on my own computer, and so I have
full DBA rights on it

any ideas what's wrong?

Dan Guzman

Your connection string uses SQL authentication but the error message looks
like Windows authentication was attempted. Did you specify SQL
authentication or Windows authentication in your ODBC setup? Is your SQL
Server configured to allow both SQL and Windows authentication?

Also, note that you should never use 'sa' for application database
connections and you may get uninvited guests with a blank 'sa' password.

Joker

Stop using ODBC/DSN. This may not resolve the issue, but at least your
application will be faster & the database connection will be supported
in the future.

Please read the following pages.

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2126

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/ado270/htm/ado_deprecated_components.asp

Peter said:
Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user
'HOME\IUSR_HOME'.
/Tracker/list_team.asp, line 11

assistance.

time.