ASP working with MS Office

Eilsa

I want to read the MS Word and XLS documents with ASP code for searching. Is
there are any solution for me or any reference?

Thanks

Best Regards,
eilsa

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Eilsa said:
I want to read the MS Word and XLS documents with ASP code for
searching. Is there are any solution for me or any reference?
You could use Automation, but that is not recommended in server-side code:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257757

You can use ADO to read Excel files. I don't have an example of this, but
Google should get you at least a few examples.

I don't have an alternative solution for Word. Maybe somebody else does.

Bob Barrows

io

Eilsa said:
I want to read the MS Word and XLS documents with ASP code for searching. Is
there are any solution for me or any reference?

Depends on what exactly the searching is. If you want complete programmatic
control with access to internal object hierarchies you can use MS Word and
Excel object libraries, but that will definetely take some progrmming time
and most likely will be achieved by creating you custom ActiveX DLL.

Cheers