    Form Data, XML Schema -> ASP Function -> XML string

    The problem is JavaScript doesn't have XML support.

    Please advise. Thanks!!

    Matt, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Matt

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > I have 2 ASP pages. page1.asp will generate a xml string from form
    > data based on the XML schema,

    Ummm, there are many XML schemas ...

    > and then submit to page2.asp. My
    > question is if ASP has XML support, so that given form data, it will
    > generate a XML string based on the XML schema?
    >
    > The picture is like this:
    >
    > Form Data, XML Schema -> ASP Function -> XML string
    >
    > The problem is JavaScript doesn't have XML support.

    Of course it does. The same way that vbscript does: by using the MSXML
    Parser.

    I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you know how to use the MSXML Parser?
    Perhaps you should be starting in an XML newsgroup. Better yet, go here and
    start reading:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/sdk_intro_6g53.asp

    Google will find you more information.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows, Apr 23, 2004

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Thanks Bob.

    I used MSXML parser to parse XML data in ASP before. I guess what you meant
    is like this:

    Set xml = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

    But all I did was to parse the XML file and retrieves the data. Now my case
    is to generate a XML string based on the XML schema provided. I don't know
    there are many XML schemas out there. So u think it has those API calls for
    that?

    Matt, Apr 23, 2004
  4. The xml property of the XML Document contains the xml string. Is that what
    you're asking?

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET