    way to find the solution. Any help will be appreciated
    The OS is Win 2K.
    Regards.

    Shipf1, Dec 12, 2006

  2. Shipf1 wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have ASP which run a DOS based utility using Wscript.Shell's Run
    > method. This utility takes two parameters Input File name and Output
    > file's name. In case when I give Local path to the utility it works
    > but in case If i give Remote path it does'nt work. So to get better
    > idea I tried to execute a copy command instead of my utility and
    > executed the copy command in ASP using Wscript.Shell object I gave
    > remote path then also it failed. I hv kept all the required
    > permission On remote machine, I m accessing it with IUSR_Machine name
    > and same password also all required access are provided. I tried with
    > mapped drive and Virtual directory also but it didnt work. Why I am
    > not able to Copy the files from Remote path using Wscript.shell, Is
    > there any other way to find the solution. Any help will be
    > appreciated
    > The OS is Win 2K.
    > Regards.

    Have you seen this?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 12, 2006

  3. Shipf1 wrote:
    > "Bob Barrows [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Shipf1 wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I have ASP which run a DOS based utility using Wscript.Shell's Run
    >>> method. This utility takes two parameters Input File name and Output
    >>> file's name. In case when I give Local path to the utility it works
    >>> but in case If i give Remote path it does'nt work. So to get better
    >>> idea I tried to execute a copy command instead of my utility and
    >>> executed the copy command in ASP using Wscript.Shell object I gave
    >>> remote path then also it failed. I hv kept all the required
    >>> permission On remote machine, I m accessing it with IUSR_Machine
    >>> name and same password also all required access are provided. I
    >>> tried with mapped drive and Virtual directory also but it didnt
    >>> work. Why I am not able to Copy the files from Remote path using
    >>> Wscript.shell, Is there any other way to find the solution. Any
    >>> help will be appreciated
    >>> The OS is Win 2K.
    >>> Regards.
    >>> K

    >> Have you seen this?
    >> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168
    >> --

    > Yeah, did that too. It didn't work....

    Given that you read that article carefully enough and followed all its
    instructions carefully, I can only conclude that what you want is just
    not possible. I will be happy to be proven wrong.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 12, 2006