    If there is one good thing, vs.net 2003 is working fine.

    No idea what caused this, but its starting to hurt. Any ideas, anything I
    might be missing? Thanks a lot!

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHBvaW50R3V5?=, Nov 6, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHBvaW50R3V5?=

    sloan Guest

    You're not using impersonation are you? in the web.config file?

    sloan, Nov 6, 2007

  3. you need to enable "full" permission for the ASPNET account on the folder you
    specified in your post - the Temporary folder at
    'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
    ASP.NET Files'

    Obviously, *something* has been changed on your machine.

    Just right click on the folder in Windows Explorer. Choose Properties, then
    Security, and make sure the user is in the list. If not, add it in and give
    it Full control You might also need to add the IUsr_<yourmachine> account,
    and / or the IIS_WPG account depending on your OS.
    -- Peter
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Nov 6, 2007
  4. Thanks Peter. Eggheadcafe is a great site. Ive still got a link to "Build a
    C# WebSite Monitor with Email and MSN Messenger Notification"

    Gave ASPNET and NETWORK SERVICE full.
    The only "different" thing I can think of is that when I logged in this
    morning I had my smartcard plugged in; I didnt yesterday. One of the things
    I did was to remove
    it and shut down.
    Ive added IUR and Everyone, giving them full. Methinks Im trying too many
    desperate things.

    XP Pro.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHBvaW50R3V5?=, Nov 6, 2007
  5. Nope, windows (we use iis integrated security)

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHBvaW50R3V5?=, Nov 6, 2007
  6. Yup, been there! You're welcome.
    Peter
    --
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Nov 6, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHBvaW50R3V5?=

    sloan Guest

    that stinks. (your entire situation)

    One time I had some weirdo issue.

    I think I :

    Uninstalled IIS. ( Add Remove / Windows Components )
    Rebooted.
    Installed IIS.
    Rebooted.
    Installed SP's. (again)
    Rebooted.

    did the aspnet_regiis thingy dingy.

    I don't remember exactly why, I can just remember doing it.

    sloan, Nov 6, 2007
  8. Please review this KB...and see if anything looks different on your server :

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317012

    You haven't mentioned the OS version and IIS version you're running.
    Which are they ?

    Knowing which OS and IIS version you're running may help determine the fix.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 6, 2007
  9. XP Pro, IIS 5.1.

    Target will be w2k3, an earlier version is there now.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHBvaW50R3V5?=, Nov 6, 2007
  10. You mentioned this, earlier... :

    !> Nope, windows (we use iis integrated security)

    Are you sure ?

    Please copy this script as identity.aspx, and run it...

    identity.aspx :
    --------------------
    <%@ Page Language="VB" %>
    <%@ Import NameSpace = System.Security.Principal %>
    <script runat="server">
    Sub Page_Load()
    Dim tmp As String = WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent.Name()
    Label1.Text = "ASP.NET is running as the account : " & tmp
    End Sub
    </script>
    <head>
    <title>What account is ASP.NET running as ?</title>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" Runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>
    </form>

    Please post back the identity reported by that script.

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 7, 2007