aspnet_wp.exe says no permission!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by KK, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. KK

    KK Guest

    Hi,

    I have re-installed .NET 1.1 on my machine and
    when I try to start duwamish(any asp.net app)
    it gives the following error

    aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
    80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
    insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the
    ..NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
    directory allow access to the configured account.

    I normaly use a user priviledge account to work
    using an administrator account to do any
    administering tasks.

    After this error, i tried to run it after login
    into my administrator profile. still the same error.

    What should i do?

    KK
    KK, Sep 8, 2003

  2. KK

    thoean Guest

    KK wrote:
    > aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
    > 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
    > insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the
    > .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
    > directory allow access to the configured account.

    be sure, the asp.net user has permission to c:\WINNT\Framework...

    hth
    thoean
    thoean, Sep 8, 2003