ASPNET_wp locks my machine up

Jim Heavey

Hello - I am having a problem where I am running my application in debug
mode and I execute a SQL command (cmd.ExecutNonQuery) and when this line
of code it hit, I get and exception saying that this object must
implement the "IConvertable".

After that, I attempt to "kill the debug session", by pressing the
"stop" button in VS.net and when I do, VS.Net locks up and this
"ASPNET_WP.EXE" takes over my machine sucking up all of the CPU cycles.

Any ideas why my cmd.ExecuteNonQuery is failing? I do not have a clue
as to what it means about the "Iconvertable".

Any ideas as to why my machine is locking up when I attempt to stop the
debugging session?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!!

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Jim,

What this means is that you are likely encountering a problem where the
managed provider is unable to convert a data type that you are passing,
perhaps in a parameter. Can you post the code you are using?

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

Jim Heavey

I found that when building the parm values that I was placing into the
field and array of objects rather then a single object value.

I'm surprised that this caused my machine to lock up, maybe this is
something which could be caught in the future.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction....

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi Jim,

Glad it's resolved.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]