ASPNET_wp locks my machine up

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jim Heavey, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. Jim Heavey

    Jim Heavey Guest

    Hello - I am having a problem where I am running my application in debug
    mode and I execute a SQL command (cmd.ExecutNonQuery) and when this line
    of code it hit, I get and exception saying that this object must
    implement the "IConvertable".

    After that, I attempt to "kill the debug session", by pressing the
    "stop" button in VS.net and when I do, VS.Net locks up and this
    "ASPNET_WP.EXE" takes over my machine sucking up all of the CPU cycles.

    Any ideas why my cmd.ExecuteNonQuery is failing? I do not have a clue
    as to what it means about the "Iconvertable".

    Any ideas as to why my machine is locking up when I attempt to stop the
    debugging session?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!!

    Jim Heavey, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Jim,

    What this means is that you are likely encountering a problem where the
    managed provider is unable to convert a data type that you are passing,
    perhaps in a parameter. Can you post the code you are using?

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
    Developer Support
    ASP.NET

    --------------------

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT], Oct 15, 2003

  3. Jim Heavey

    Jim Heavey Guest

    I found that when building the parm values that I was placing into the
    field and array of objects rather then a single object value.

    I'm surprised that this caused my machine to lock up, maybe this is
    something which could be caught in the future.

    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction....

    Jim Heavey, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Hi Jim,

    Glad it's resolved.

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT]