ASPSmartUpload Question

cam

Hi:

How can I rename the file being uploaded using ASPSmartUpload?

I can set the other parameters ok, just looking for the syntax to rename the file.

E.G. User uploading GIF file. I'd like to rename the file 'test.gif'

********

<%
Dim mySmartUpload
Set mySmartUpload = Server.CreateObject("aspSmartUpload.SmartUpload")
mySmartUpload.AllowedFilesList = "gif"
mySmartUpload.MaxFileSize = 65000

mySmartUpload.Upload

'**MISSING CODE TO RENAME FILE TO test.gif**

mySmartUpload.Save("/data/")

Response.Write("File uploaded.")

%>

cam

Hi:

I've tried the 'saveas' method but no luck. Do you have a specific
snippet of code that I can lookat to upload a single file, & rename
it?

Thanks.

Cam

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

No, but their web site does. You really should consider using the
documentation for 3rd party components, instead of relying on other people
writing snippets for you. It's amazing what you can learn through trial and
error...