ASPState SQL Database Blocking

Ross

ASPState SQL Database Blocking

We have a website running on a web farm using ASP.NET 1.1,
with the ASPState system setup on a SQL 2000 server.
We have been seeing more and more issues with blocking
occurring on the stored procedure called
TempGetStateItemExclusive2 for the last week or so. We
have seen blocking reach 85+ concurrent blocks in our
blocking tracking application.
I cannot find anything on this proc nor can I find any
good performance related sources for the ASPState system
from a DB point of view at all.

System setup info:
ASPState database is living a quad Xeon 500 with 2 gig
ram, data files and log files separated onto separate
physical volumes on physically different scsi channels.
The "DeleteExpiredSessions" system has been setup to run 1
time per hour, and it takes less that 1 second to run.
Blocking does not seem to have anything to do with
this "DeleteExpiredSessions" running from what we can
tell.
The database is setup to rebuild all of its indexes every
night, leaving 20% free space. We also manually update
stats on the database once per day.

Any suggestions or information would be awesome! Thanks
everyone!

-Ross