    Please help me with the correct syntax that i should give. This is
    really urgent.

    , Mar 1, 2006

  2. Mike Brind Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am new to ASP and am maintaining a site which is written in ASP. The
    > problem is that i want to make a page which has an upload functionality
    > in it. It should let users upload a file to a web server(say
    > http://xyz.com).
    > Later i want that file to be emailed to some other person
    > automatically. I have the email part working correctly. We have
    > AspUpload component installed on our webserver. Now, i want to ask what
    > is the path that i should give in my upload.asp file so that the file
    > gets uploaded to a folder ' Data ' on http://xyz.com. The path is
    > something like this: http://xyz.com/Data
    >
    > But everytime i try giving a path it either says the path not found or
    > the syntax is incorrect.
    >
    > Please help me with the correct syntax that i should give. This is
    > really urgent.

    http://xyz.com/Data is not a path - it's a URL.

    Create a file called mappath.asp and put this code in it:

    <%
    response.write Server.MapPath("mappath.asp")
    %>

    Then upload it to your Data directory. Once that's done, browse to it
    (in your example, that would be http://xyz.com/Data/mappath.asp. What
    you see written to your browser is the full path to the Data directory
    on your web server. Use that.

    Alternatively, you can use Server.mappath method to obtain a relative
    path:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows200...indows2000/en/server/iis/htm/asp/vbob98iw.htm

    --
    Mike Brind