    some work done this weekend and I need the designer to do it with :-(

    Thanks

    Pete
    Peter Morris, Aug 2, 2008

  2. Peter Morris

    Marc Guest

    "Peter Morris" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > If I create a new ASP.NET website and then click the [Designer] tab at the
    > bottom the IDE freezes. Last night I uninstalled VS2008 and all other
    > related installations (MVC framework etc), this morning I reinstalled
    > VS2008 and tried again and I still see the same behaviour!
    >
    > Can anyone think what I might need to do to fix this? I really need to
    > get some work done this weekend and I need the designer to do it with :-(

    I had this problem - Expression web wouldn't load.
    For some reason repairing Office 2007 fixed it !
    I had other errors - Try creating a new user on yout system and see if it
    works under that account, or delete your Windows Profile (backup of course,
    as it contains your MyDocs folder).

    Visual Studio doesn't do a good job of uninstalling it's self. So any borked
    settings remain in your profile.

    Marc
    Marc, Aug 2, 2008

  3. Peter Morris

    Peter Morris Guest

    Removed office, tested, reinstalled office, tested; unfortunately it still
    does not work at either point :-(

    Does anyone else have any ideas? This is very detrimental for my
    productivity. I'd appreciate *any* ideas of what to try at all, except
    reinstalling Windows which obviously is a last resort.

    Thanks

    Pete
    Peter Morris, Aug 2, 2008
  4. Peter Morris

    > Removed office, tested, reinstalled office, tested; unfortunately it still
    > does not work at either point :-(
    >
    > Does anyone else have any ideas? This is very detrimental for my
    > productivity. I'd appreciate *any* ideas of what to try at all, except
    > reinstalling Windows which obviously is a last resort.

    Did you try creating a new user account and testing it?

    Also, when you uninstalled Visual Studio, did the "Visual Web Designer" get
    uninstalled? This is listed seperatly on my system in Add/Remove programs.
    Maybe that part of the program didn't get removed, and so didn't get
    replaced?
    Marc
    Marc, Aug 2, 2008
  5. Peter Morris

    Peter Morris Guest

    Hi Marc

    > Did you try creating a new user account and testing it?

    Just tried, same problem there too.

    > Also, when you uninstalled Visual Studio, did the "Visual Web Designer"
    > get uninstalled?

    I told VS to do a full installation.

    > This is listed seperatly on my system in Add/Remove programs. Maybe that
    > part of the program didn't get removed, and so didn't get replaced?

    I don't see anything with that name in the add/remove list.
    Peter Morris, Aug 3, 2008
  6. Peter Morris

    Peter Morris Guest

    Actuall I just found something with a similar name. I uninstalled it and
    then installed
    D:\WCU\WebDesignerCore

    But now it is not in the list at all :-(
    Peter Morris, Aug 3, 2008
  7. Peter Morris

    Peter Morris Guest

    Uninstalling/reinstalling did nothing. However, performing a repair did the
    trick!

    Thanks for your time!
    Peter Morris, Aug 3, 2008