    "start without debugging" and it works fine. Why is it not working on
    the browser? All the code seems to be right. Any suggestions?

    Thanks!

    DrNoose, May 8, 2007

  2. DrNoose wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I may have made this post several weeks back, but not sure.
    >
    > I have a project due Thurs. The problem is when I copy the file the the
    > local inetpub/wwwroot folder and try to run the aspx file from the local
    > directory on the browser, it won't display. All my other files work
    > fine. I can also open this file up in Visual Studios 2005 and do the
    > "start without debugging" and it works fine. Why is it not working on
    > the browser? All the code seems to be right. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks!

    What happens when you try to display it? Do you get an error message?

    --
    Göran Andersson
    _____

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, May 8, 2007

  3. DrNoose

    DrNoose Guest

    Göran Andersson wrote:
    > DrNoose wrote:
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> I may have made this post several weeks back, but not sure.
    >>
    >> I have a project due Thurs. The problem is when I copy the file the
    >> the local inetpub/wwwroot folder and try to run the aspx file from the
    >> local directory on the browser, it won't display. All my other files
    >> work fine. I can also open this file up in Visual Studios 2005 and do
    >> the "start without debugging" and it works fine. Why is it not working
    >> on the browser? All the code seems to be right. Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > What happens when you try to display it? Do you get an error message?

    Yes,

    The page cannot be foundThe page you are looking for might have been
    removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please
    try the following:· Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the
    address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly. · If you
    reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator
    to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted. · Click the Back
    button to try another link. HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not
    found.Internet Information Services (IIS) Technical Information (for
    support personnel)· Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform
    a title search for the words HTTP and 404. · Open IIS Help, which is
    accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web
    Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

    DrNoose, May 8, 2007
  4. DrNoose

    David Wier Guest

    Are you trying to view it in a browser window with
    http://localhost/mypage.aspx?

    have you gone into IIS and made sure the wwwroot is running 2.0?

    David Wier
    MVP/ASPInsider
    http://aspnet101.com
    http://iWritePro.com

    David Wier, May 8, 2007
  5. DrNoose

    DrNoose Guest

    I'm not sure where to look to check that in IIS.

    DrNoose, May 9, 2007
  6. DrNoose

    DrNoose Guest

    Any other suggestions? I need to present this tomorrow night and would
    like to get this working correctly.

    Microsoft Help says to make sure that the folder attribute to unhidden.
    My wwwroot folder, under properties is checked for read only.

    Is there something else I need to do?

    This is very important! Can someone please help me!!!!!!!!

    Thanks!

    DrNoose, May 10, 2007