.aspx files

I have some .aspx files that need to run on our web server. Looking through
the newsgroups I believe these things are true:

1. .aspx files are "asp dot net" files
2. In order for these to run properly, certain things must be installed on
the web server, including the "Dot Net Framework"

If I am correct so far:

What version of IIS is required in order to run these files?
Where do I find instructions for installing the right stuff in order to run
these files?

Thanks!