aspx extension

magix

Dear Guru,

What is the requirement to be able to run asps extension ?
I installed .NET Framework 2.0. Any other .NET components I need to install in order to run aspx extension ?
My IIS Server is 6.0.

Currently, if I run aspx file in localhost, it will said page not found.

Please advise. Thanks.

Regards.

PeterKellner

Dear Guru,

What is the requirement to be able to run asps extension ?
I installed .NET Framework 2.0. Any other .NET components I need to install in order to run aspx extension ?
My IIS Server is 6.0.

Currently, if I run aspx file in localhost, it will said page not found.

Please advise. Thanks.

Regards.

just a couple obvious things I can think of.

Make sure you set up a virtual directory pointing to your project (I
do it under c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myaspwebsite)

make sure you have "run scripts" checked

Try running aspnet_regiis -i
Peter Kellner
http://peterkellner.net

Kevin Spencer

If you're getting a 404 (Page Not Found) error, that would mean that the URL
does not point to an existing resource (file).

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Professional Development Numbskull

Nyuck nyuck nyuck

Juan T. Llibre

It could also be that, since he's using Windows 2003 Server,
he hasn't enabled the use of ASPX pages and ASP.NET 2.0.

IIS 6.0 requires that you enable any web service extension you use.

To do that, open the IIS mmc, scroll down to the "Web Service Extensions" node
( on the left-hand side, right after the "Websites" node ), select the ASP.NET
v2.0.50727 extension on the right-hand side, and click the "Allow" button.