help with aspx and new iis config

Guest

i just installed dot net on a 64 bit windows iis, but i get a "The page
cannot be found" when i select an aspx file from the browse list. (i set the
site to allow browsing). I neve rdid a64 bit dot.net 2.0 version install
before so i don't know what i did wrong.
1. installed 64 bit sql standard
2. installed iis
3. installed 32 bit ColdFusion
(all running like lightening)
4. ran aspnet_regiis.exe -I in the v2.xxxxx directory.
no x.aspx file able to be run
I can run html and coldfusion files but NOT DOT.NET!

any help would be appreciated
Thanks
KES

html files show ok

Turkbear

i just installed dot net on a 64 bit windows iis, but i get a "The page
cannot be found" when i select an aspx file from the browse list. (i set the
site to allow browsing). I neve rdid a64 bit dot.net 2.0 version install
before so i don't know what i did wrong.
1. installed 64 bit sql standard
2. installed iis
3. installed 32 bit ColdFusion
(all running like lightening)
4. ran aspnet_regiis.exe -I in the v2.xxxxx directory.
no x.aspx file able to be run
I can run html and coldfusion files but NOT DOT.NET!

any help would be appreciated
Thanks
KES

html files show ok

In the IIS Manager did you permit .NET in addition to .ASP?

Guest

Thanks for replying,
I have to manuelly enable the asp.net account in 2.0? Where d oyou permit
dot.net in iis?

Guest

as a test i created a winform app and ran it from the server (locally) it ran
ok.
what could be wrong here?
aspnet is allowed execute on the local directory, and iis is enabled and
associated with aspx, and the like?
Is there a different method to set dotnet up on 64 bit iis?