    Anybody has any idea what could be wrong?

    Thanks,
    Hiten
    Hiten, Apr 21, 2005

  2. Hiten

    WJ Guest

    "Hiten" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >latest security updates installed

    Make sure that these latest security patches did not modify IIS security
    settings. Check your II s/websites again.

    John
    WJ, Apr 22, 2005

  3. Hiten

    swat Guest

    Hiten,

    Is there anything on the page requiring authentication? For example,
    what does the custom control do?
    swat, Apr 25, 2005
  4. Hiten

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:10:08 -0700, "Hiten" <> wrote:

    ¤ I have a asp.net web application on windows 2000 advanced server having
    ¤ latest security updates installed and .net framework 1.1. with latest patch.
    ¤
    ¤ Eventhough application is configured to allow anonymous, when I try to
    ¤ access the application using its IP address, it shows a dialog asking login
    ¤ and password. If i cancel it, it displays the web page. On each postback, it
    ¤ again displays the dialog box. Also, the page having custom control does not
    ¤ display the control at all.
    ¤
    ¤ Anybody has any idea what could be wrong?

    You're likely encountering an NTFS file based security issue. The default web account, probably
    ASPNET if you're not enabling impersonation, doesn't have sufficient permissions to access one of
    the resources being used by your web application.

    Paul
    ~~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Paul Clement, Apr 26, 2005