Authorizing network and external users

Erick

I'm trying to develop a single security model that has to work for
authenticated users and for users coming in from the outside world.

I have looked at the Web Site Administration tool for dealing with
external users and creating roles.

The problem with this tool is that
a) it appears only to be available in a development environment and
can't be used in production by the application administrator
b) There is no way to map Authorized i.e. an entire NT security group
against the same.

I should be able to write code like this

If User.IsInRole("SysAdmin") OrElse User.IsInRole("Moderator") Then
' User is OK
Else
' Redirect to unauthorized access page
End If

iIn my application and not worry if the role belongs to a user who is
part of an NT Security group or someone who has logged in through the
internet with a password.

I'd like to store all the information and relationships in a single
datastore. And give the application administrator the ability to
manage it similar to the Web Site Adminstrator interfacet.

Has anyone tried anything similar? Have you run into any issues ?

Erick