Autocomplete combo box with Javascript

Grey

I want to know that how to design an autocomplete combo box in HTML with
Javascript? There is no combo box control available for use in the HTML. Is
it possible to design such kind of combo box in HTML. If so, what additional
controls I need to add??

Million Thanks..

Eric

kaeli

I want to know that how to design an autocomplete combo box in HTML with
Javascript? There is no combo box control available for use in the HTML. Is
it possible to design such kind of combo box in HTML.

Not a "Real" one.
You can make a fake one with enough style, javascript, a text input, and
a select.
I doubt it would be very cross-browser, though.

The combobox is a VB concept. Nix it. Novice to intermediate surfers
who've never used a VB app wouldn't know what to do with it, anyways.

Michael Winter

I want to know that how to design an autocomplete combo box in HTML with
Javascript? There is no combo box control available for use in the HTML.
Is it possible to design such kind of combo box in HTML. If so, what
additional controls I need to add??

You can't add new control types - you'll just have to live with the ones
currently in use.

One possible solution is to use two radio buttons, a text box, and a
select menu. The menu can be populated with the predefined values. If a
predefined value isn't adequate, the user can type a value into the text
box. The radio buttons are used to determine which is the input the user
wishes to submit. I posted a (very) quick example here:

http://www.mlwinter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/clj/combo.html

Mike