automated mailing

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by sapzz, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. sapzz

    sapzz Guest

    Hi guys,
    I want to automatically generate emails on specific events.
    I am using the following script in ruby. It gives runtime error that
    parameter missing
    how do I go about it????????

    require 'win32ole'
    myMail= WIN32OLE::new("CDO.Message")
    myConfig= WIN32OLE::new("CDO.Configuration")

    #myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    myMail.Subject="Sending email with CDO"
    myMail.From="my email id"
    myMail.To="receipients email"
    myMail.TextBody="This is a sample scripting message."
    myConfig.Fields.Item.SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.persistent.co.in "
    myConfig.Fields.Item.smtpport= 25
    #myConfig.Update

    #myMail.Send
    #myMail=nothing

    thanks
    Sapna
    sapzz, Feb 2, 2006

  2. sapzz

    James Britt Guest

    sapzz wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    > I want to automatically generate emails on specific events.
    > I am using the following script in ruby. It gives runtime error that
    > parameter missing
    > how do I go about it????????

    How do you go about *what*?

    Figuring out the missing parameter?

    Sending mail some other way?

    Is there a line number given with the "parameter missing" error?

    Do you have working examples in JScript or VB Script o can use for a
    comparison? (Try MSDN for sample code.)

    --
    James Britt

    http://www.30secondrule.com - Building Better Tools
    James Britt, Feb 2, 2006

  3. sapzz wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    > I want to automatically generate emails on specific events.
    > I am using the following script in ruby. It gives runtime error that
    > parameter missing
    > how do I go about it????????
    >

    > require 'win32ole'
    > myMail= WIN32OLE::new("CDO.Message")
    > myConfig= WIN32OLE::new("CDO.Configuration")
    >
    > #myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    > myMail.Subject="Sending email with CDO"
    > myMail.From="my email id"
    > myMail.To="receipients email"
    > myMail.TextBody="This is a sample scripting message."
    > myConfig.Fields.Item.SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.persistent.co.in "
    > myConfig.Fields.Item.smtpport= 25
    > #myConfig.Update
    >
    > #myMail.Send
    > #myMail=nothing