    Email Services
    SDSU Foundation
    (619) 594-0708
    - Steve -, Jun 29, 2004

  2. - Steve -

    Mike Guest

    when you click the tab button where does the cursor go?
    set the tab index on the input boxes to 0 ( firstname) 1 (lastname)

    "- Steve -" <> wrote in message
    > I have two textboxe's (FirstName & LastName). I have set autopostback on
    > both of those. The problem is if you enter the first name and then tab,

    it
    > doesn't go to the next textbox. So then you have to click with the mouse

    on

    Mike, Jun 29, 2004

  3. - Steve -

    Gareth Jones Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:48:02 -0700, "- Steve -"
    <> wrote:

    >I have two textboxe's (FirstName & LastName). I have set autopostback on
    >both of those. The problem is if you enter the first name and then tab, it
    >doesn't go to the next textbox. So then you have to click with the mouse on
    >the LastName text box. How can I keep the tabs going where they should?

    Do you need autopostback on the FirstName field? Turning it off would
    solve your problem...alternatively you'll have to write a handler for
    the event, and put the code in there to set the focus to LastName.

    Gareth
    Gareth Jones, Jun 29, 2004
  4. - Steve -

    - Steve - Guest

    Well what I'm doing is creating a username based on the FirstName and
    LastName. So I need to know when either of those fields changes so I can
    update the UserName textbox.

    --

    Steve Evans
    Email Services