Autopostback = true without refresh screen in asp.net?

Wei

Hi,

I have a page written in ASP.net c# witch has a datalist with 200 records
(in Itemtemplate). Each record includes nine webcontrol radio buttons as a
group. The user will need to check through all 200 records and select the
choices by clicking on the radio button. Every time the radio button is
clicked, the selected choice needs to be sent to the database. I set the
radio button autopostback = "true", therefore each time user clicks on the
radio button the page will refresh. Because there are 200 records on the
page, it takes time to load up the page. Is it possible that every time user
clicks on the radio button, the selected choice is sent back to database in
the background without refreshing the screen? (like in ASP remote scripts)

Thank you very much for your help

Guest

Hey Wei,

I'm saying this on the fly without research but I believe you can retrieve a
dataset, make changes, and then submit the changed dataset back to the
database.

The big question is why does the selection need to be posted back to the
database immediately? Does each selection effect the remaining possible
selections? This sounds more to me like a form with 200 questions basically.

Wei

You are right. it is a set of 200 multiple choice questions with images. The
requirement is the selected coice need to be sent back every time the radio
button is clicked. The selections do not exist before the user start
working, so I can not retrieve them as a dataset.
Thank you