    handle every possible format our there).

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Jun 7, 2005

  2. tshad

    Ian Rastall Guest

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:55:03 GMT, "tshad"
    <> wrote:

    >If you try to link to it from IE or Mozilla (which forces you to download a
    >driver to handle an avi file), it plays the sound fine, but not the video.

    Are you compressing the AVI with, say, DivX or XviD? Every user would
    have to install those codecs on their own before they could use your
    site. I mention this because whenever I've played an AVI file without
    having the correct codec, I get sound, but no picture.

    Ian
    --
    Was it not a comedy, a strange and stupid
    matter, this repetition, this running around

    Ian Rastall, Jun 13, 2005

  3. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "Ian Rastall" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:55:03 GMT, "tshad"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >If you try to link to it from IE or Mozilla (which forces you to download

    > >driver to handle an avi file), it plays the sound fine, but not the

    video.

    > Are you compressing the AVI with, say, DivX or XviD? Every user would
    > have to install those codecs on their own before they could use your
    > site. I mention this because whenever I've played an AVI file without
    > having the correct codec, I get sound, but no picture.

    I don't know if it compressed or not. We are just using a webcam and
    creating the file.

    Is there a way to set it up so that we don't have to worry about the codecs?

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Jun 13, 2005
  4. tshad

    Ian Rastall Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:27:26 -0700, "tshad" <>
    wrote:

    >Is there a way to set it up so that we don't have to worry about the codecs?

    Not really sure. You might have more luck with a video newsgroup, like
    rec.video.desktop, or alt.divx. I know that .mpg files will work, if
    that looks like an option. Encoding .avi to .mpg isn't too hard.
    TMPGEnc would do it.

    Ian

    Ian Rastall, Jun 13, 2005