    - the wanted web page is fetched by server x and served to client

    Meaning: The client only communicates with server x.

    Magnus
    Knorpi, Jun 24, 2011

  2. Knorpi

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Knorpi <> writes:
    >Ok, but how can I then realize this:
    >- open a web page on a server x with a submit form

    In HTTP, web pages are not Ā»openedĀ«. There are HTTP requests
    sent and HTTP responses received (or sent, depending on the
    point of view).

    >- enter a web address into the form and press submit

    Your description is worded in terms of the browser's
    user experience. You need to understand how this is
    realized using HTML and HTTP, to properly implement
    it in Java by reading RFC 2616 and the HTML 4.01
    recommendation or use a library such as

    http://htmlunit.sourceforge.net/

    . I do not know JEE that well, so maybe I miss something,
    but to write an HTTP proxy, I would not use servlets, but

    proxyServerSocket = new java.net.ServerSocket( proxyPort );
    while( true )method( proxyServerSocket.accept() );
    Stefan Ram, Jun 24, 2011

  3. Knorpi

    Lars Enderin Guest

    2011-06-24 13:02, Knorpi skrev:
    > Ok, but how can I then realize this:
    >
    > - open a web page on a server x with a submit form
    > - enter a web address into the form and press submit
    > - the wanted web page is fetched by server x and served to client
    >
    > Meaning: The client only communicates with server x.

    Please don't use the new Google Groups interface. It breaks Usenet threads.
    Lars Enderin, Jun 24, 2011
  4. Knorpi

    Lew Guest

    On 06/24/2011 08:27 AM, Lars Enderin wrote:
    > 2011-06-24 13:02, Knorpi skrev:
    >> Ok, but how can I then realize this:
    >>
    >> - open a web page on a server x with a submit form
    >> - enter a web address into the form and press submit
    >> - the wanted web page is fetched by server x and served to client
    >>
    >> Meaning: The client only communicates with server x.
    >>

    > Please don't use the new Google Groups interface. It breaks Usenet threads.

    +1

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.