AzMan Role Assignment not reflecting in ADAM

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Kreshiv, Aug 18, 2009.

  1. Kreshiv

    Kreshiv Guest

    I created a sample ADAM Instance. Used AzMan. Created a webservice to get the
    information from ADAM and AzMan. I created a user in AD. Used that user for
    anonymous access in IIS. Gave reader access to that user, in ADAM and AzMan.
    This setup worked successfully.

    Now I am creating the actual ADAM Instance for Dev, Test and Prod. My
    Webservice is not able to pull information from this new ADAM Instance. I
    tried to connect the same webservice, just making changes in web.config with
    the path of the old instance, it works fine. with the new instance path
    value, it returns HTTP 500 error. I am able to see the list of functions page
    for a webservice, but not the results. Hence I came to conclusion, that
    WebService and IIS configurations are good.

    This is the error it is prompting, in the webservice..

    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified.
    (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) at
    AZROLESLib.AzAuthorizationStoreClass.Initialize(Int32 lFlags, String
    bstrPolicyURL, Object varReserved) at Service.GetUserRoles(String
    ApplicationName, String username)

    I hope it is not able to establish a connection to AzMan Store. I hope I am
    missing some peice of permission, in ADAM and AzMan. Can you please let me
    know where the problem could be..

    Also,

    I am able to see the role,task and Op definition from AzMan reflecting in
    ADAM, but when role assignment is done, it is not getting reflecting in ADAM.

    How is AzMan connected to ADAM? Why is this happening? This must be some
    permission issue. Please guide me asap.

    Kreshiv, Aug 18, 2009