    that I could use with Java that will take numbers and letters and turn it
    into a barcode/upc image(jpg). Thanks

    -Dale
    Dale, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Dale

    Sudsy Guest

    Dale wrote:

    > I need to get some input on barcodes/upc. Is there any code or program
    > that I could use with Java that will take numbers and letters and turn it
    > into a barcode/upc image(jpg). Thanks
    >
    > -Dale

    Ah, the power of the Internet! I did a simple search on Yahoo! with the
    keywords "+java +barcode +upc" (no quotes of course) and found a most
    interesting source, one which should top your list of results.
    A little bit of testing with their applet produced a UPCA which matched
    exactly my reference product label.
    So, in the future, instead of me making the effort, why don't YOU make
    the effort and query the search engines before posting here? It would
    certainly save you time and aggro.
    Sudsy, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Dale

    FISH Guest

    "Dale" <fjasl;@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<oBisb.7959$>...
    > I need to get some input on barcodes/upc. Is there any code or program
    > that I could use with Java that will take numbers and letters and turn it
    > into a barcode/upc image(jpg). Thanks
    >
    > -Dale

    http://www.idautomation.com/

    I think this company might sell what you want. I've not used their
    products and cannot vouch for how good they are - the only reason I
    know about them is because someone posted a Java error page of their's
    to an open source project forum as an example of a similar problem they
    were encountering using the project code in headless mode.

    (FYI: The company claimed the fault was specifc to Unix - but I'm pretty
    certain it is a Java-wide issue, which they just haven't bothered
    catering for. It's just a lot easier to cut off the heavyweight windowing
    support in Unix. I'm guessing if you booted a Windows box into DOS mode,
    their code would fail in the same way(?) (But then we get into arguments
    about whether DOS is part of Windows, or a parallel product... :) )

    http://www.idautomation.com/kb/xwindow-error.html

    -FISH- ><>
    FISH, Nov 12, 2003
  4. "Dale" <fjasl;@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I need to get some input on barcodes/upc. Is there any code or program
    > that I could use with Java that will take numbers and letters and turn it
    > into a barcode/upc image(jpg). Thanks

    I've been playing with barcodes once and wrote an app that
    takes numbers as an input and renders and prints wanted barcode
    in one of the most popular formats. The printed codes have
    been even tested with a laser scanner and worked fine.
    I found the written materials on coding on the net.

    E-mail me at:
    a_szczeblewski (at) poczta.onet.pl

    Adam
    Adam Szczeblewski, Nov 13, 2003