barcodes/upc question/help

Dale

I need to get some input on barcodes/upc. Is there any code or program
that I could use with Java that will take numbers and letters and turn it
into a barcode/upc image(jpg). Thanks

-Dale

Sudsy

Dale said:
I need to get some input on barcodes/upc. Is there any code or program
that I could use with Java that will take numbers and letters and turn it
into a barcode/upc image(jpg). Thanks

-Dale

Ah, the power of the Internet! I did a simple search on Yahoo! with the
keywords "+java +barcode +upc" (no quotes of course) and found a most
interesting source, one which should top your list of results.
A little bit of testing with their applet produced a UPCA which matched
exactly my reference product label.
So, in the future, instead of me making the effort, why don't YOU make
the effort and query the search engines before posting here? It would
certainly save you time and aggro.

FISH

Dale said:
I need to get some input on barcodes/upc. Is there any code or program
that I could use with Java that will take numbers and letters and turn it
into a barcode/upc image(jpg). Thanks

-Dale

http://www.idautomation.com/

I think this company might sell what you want. I've not used their
products and cannot vouch for how good they are - the only reason I
know about them is because someone posted a Java error page of their's
to an open source project forum as an example of a similar problem they
were encountering using the project code in headless mode.

(FYI: The company claimed the fault was specifc to Unix - but I'm pretty
certain it is a Java-wide issue, which they just haven't bothered
catering for. It's just a lot easier to cut off the heavyweight windowing
support in Unix. I'm guessing if you booted a Windows box into DOS mode,
their code would fail in the same way(?) (But then we get into arguments
about whether DOS is part of Windows, or a parallel product... :) )

http://www.idautomation.com/kb/xwindow-error.html

-FISH- ><>

Adam Szczeblewski

Dale said:
I need to get some input on barcodes/upc. Is there any code or program
that I could use with Java that will take numbers and letters and turn it
into a barcode/upc image(jpg). Thanks

I've been playing with barcodes once and wrote an app that
takes numbers as an input and renders and prints wanted barcode
in one of the most popular formats. The printed codes have
been even tested with a laser scanner and worked fine.
I found the written materials on coding on the net.

E-mail me at:
a_szczeblewski (at) poczta.onet.pl

Adam