Base Conversion Finally Came Up?

Gord

I was doing some conversion of this and that and for some reason it
occurred to me that a form might be useful for this page of conversion
explanation:

http://www.eastontario.com/promo/baseConversion.htm

Anyone out there interested in converting that page to a form method
conversion display from base n to base10 to base m?

m ---> 10 ---> n
n ---> 10 ---> m

Please forward response to (e-mail address removed) without the
NOSPAM part

Michael Winter

[snip]
Anyone out there interested in converting that page to a form method
conversion display from base n to base10 to base m?

m ---> 10 ---> n
n ---> 10 ---> m

I'm fairly sure Dr Stockton has already done that.
Please forward response to (e-mail address removed) without the
NOSPAM part

That isn't how Usenet works. Replies go to the group, unless something
personal needs to be said to the poster. It's in the group FAQ:

<URL:http://jibbering.com/faq/>

Mike

Jeff North

On 1 Apr 2004 12:36:14 -0800, in comp.lang.javascript
| I was doing some conversion of this and that and for some reason it
| occurred to me that a form might be useful for this page of conversion
| explanation:
|
| http://www.eastontario.com/promo/baseConversion.htm
|
| Anyone out there interested in converting that page to a form method
| conversion display from base n to base10 to base m?
|
| m ---> 10 ---> n
| n ---> 10 ---> m

I wrote these routines for some students so the code is very much over
simplified.
http://jjnau.netfirms.com/base/convert.htm
http://jjnau.netfirms.com/base/convert2.htm

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>, seen in
Michael Winter <[email protected]
d> posted at Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:43:06 :
[snip]
Anyone out there interested in converting that page to a form method
conversion display from base n to base10 to base m?

m ---> 10 ---> n
n ---> 10 ---> m

I'm fairly sure Dr Stockton has already done that.

Well, it's naive to assume that one must go via base ten; otherwise,
<URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-maths.htm#Base> appears to handle
everything for which the numerical value is reasonable.

Converting non-integers, or where Number is inadequate, seems
unreasonable.

Gord

Dr John Stockton said:
JRS: In article <[email protected]>, seen in
Michael Winter <[email protected]
d> posted at Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:43:06 :
[snip]
Anyone out there interested in converting that page to a form method
conversion display from base n to base10 to base m?

m ---> 10 ---> n
n ---> 10 ---> m

I'm fairly sure Dr Stockton has already done that.

Well, it's naive to assume that one must go via base ten; otherwise,
<URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-maths.htm#Base> appears to handle
everything for which the numerical value is reasonable.

Converting non-integers, or where Number is inadequate, seems
unreasonable.

What fine work.

"...where Number is inadequate, seems unreasonable" is accurate, but
not the 100% free effort one might imagine.

" Please weight the combinations of base44 to create a reversable form
from http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-maths.htm#Frm2 " would be a bit
much to ask for someone obviously on so many paths.

Thanks for the reference,
Gord (e-mail address removed)