    n ---> 10 ---> m

    Please forward response to PAM without the
    NOSPAM part
    Gord, Apr 1, 2004

  2. On 1 Apr 2004 12:36:14 -0800, Gord <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > Anyone out there interested in converting that page to a form method
    > conversion display from base n to base10 to base m?
    >
    > m ---> 10 ---> n
    > n ---> 10 ---> m

    I'm fairly sure Dr Stockton has already done that.

    > Please forward response to PAM without the
    > NOSPAM part

    That isn't how Usenet works. Replies go to the group, unless something
    personal needs to be said to the poster. It's in the group FAQ:

    <URL:http://jibbering.com/faq/>

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    Michael Winter, Apr 1, 2004

  3. Gord

    Jeff North Guest

    On 1 Apr 2004 12:36:14 -0800, in comp.lang.javascript
    (Gord) wrote:

    >| I was doing some conversion of this and that and for some reason it
    >| occurred to me that a form might be useful for this page of conversion
    >| explanation:
    >|
    >| http://www.eastontario.com/promo/baseConversion.htm
    >|
    >| Anyone out there interested in converting that page to a form method
    >| conversion display from base n to base10 to base m?
    >|
    >| m ---> 10 ---> n
    >| n ---> 10 ---> m

    I wrote these routines for some students so the code is very much over
    simplified.
    http://jjnau.netfirms.com/base/convert.htm
    http://jjnau.netfirms.com/base/convert2.htm
    : Remove your pants to reply
    Jeff North, Apr 2, 2004
  4. JRS: In article <>, seen in
    news:comp.lang.javascript, Michael Winter <
    d> posted at Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:43:06 :
    >On 1 Apr 2004 12:36:14 -0800, Gord <> wrote:
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >> Anyone out there interested in converting that page to a form method
    >> conversion display from base n to base10 to base m?
    >>
    >> m ---> 10 ---> n
    >> n ---> 10 ---> m

    >I'm fairly sure Dr Stockton has already done that.

    Well, it's naive to assume that one must go via base ten; otherwise,
    <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-maths.htm#Base> appears to handle
    everything for which the numerical value is reasonable.

    Converting non-integers, or where Number is inadequate, seems
    unreasonable.

    Dr John Stockton, Apr 2, 2004
  5. Gord

    Gord Guest

    Dr John Stockton <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > JRS: In article <>, seen in
    > news:comp.lang.javascript, Michael Winter <
    > d> posted at Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:43:06 :
    > >On 1 Apr 2004 12:36:14 -0800, Gord <> wrote:
    > >
    > >[snip]
    > >
    > >> Anyone out there interested in converting that page to a form method
    > >> conversion display from base n to base10 to base m?
    > >>
    > >> m ---> 10 ---> n
    > >> n ---> 10 ---> m

    > >I'm fairly sure Dr Stockton has already done that.

    > Well, it's naive to assume that one must go via base ten; otherwise,
    > <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-maths.htm#Base> appears to handle
    > everything for which the numerical value is reasonable.
    >
    > Converting non-integers, or where Number is inadequate, seems
    > unreasonable.

    What fine work.

    "...where Number is inadequate, seems unreasonable" is accurate, but
    not the 100% free effort one might imagine.

    " Please weight the combinations of base44 to create a reversable form
    from http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-maths.htm#Frm2 " would be a bit
    much to ask for someone obviously on so many paths.

    Thanks for the reference,
    Gord PAM
    Gord, Apr 4, 2004