Basic web service troubles

jahartMU

I'm working on an MS InfoPath project that requires authentication, and
was less than excited to learn that I can't send signature pad captured
data from InfoPath to Access. Love those unexpected Microsoft data type
interactions.

The signature pad (InterLink ePad) provider's tech support suggested
using a web service, and since then I've been trying to figure out
exactly how to get data (a hash signature in long format and an integer
form ID) saved into an XML file. I'm going to go way out on a limb and
hope that if I could get the web service set up right, InfoPath would
agree with it. From InterLink support:

"IntegriSign signature data is exposed as Base64 encoded String and the
size varies from 500K to 2K depending on the signature length. So even
if you create another field in Form to hold the signature data, finally
that should go into a long data type column in the database. InfoPath
form by itself can't hold/save the data. Each field in the form should
be bound to some kind of data source. InfoPath form data can be bound
to a XML data source or to a database or else we can submit it to a web
service. Binding the form to a XML data source instead of Access
database will solve the problem."

Of course, in InfoPath an XML data source can only be used to receive
and not to submit data. So far as I can tell I need an XSD file (which
I think I've got done based on guides I've found online), a SOAP file
to define what gets sent to and from the XML file, and a WSDL file to
tie everything together. Any advice on how to go about this? Forgive
the broad and clueless question; I post it based on the assumption that
it'll be a simple matter of someone pointing me to a tutorial I haven't
stumbled across yet. Thanks!