BC30456: 'InitializeCulture' is not a member of 'ASP.default_aspx'.

blackstaronline.net

Hi,

I'm using .NET V2.0

I have been using un-compiled code behind pages for my .net app using
"Src" in the @Page. I randomly get an Initialized Culture error when
trying to access the page. Many times I can simply refresh and the app
runs fine. I have not messed with the culture setting at all. At first
I thought it was the server so I switched web servers but got the same
random error. It only happens maybe 10% of the time. After researching
this error and still being unable to fix the problem I copied the code
and pasted it in <script></script> tags in the aspx page, my app now
runs fine and I have not received that error since then. A copy of the
error is listed below.

Anybody else have this problem? Do you know what's causing it or how
to fix it?

Here is the .NET error I mentioned.
-------->

required to service this request. Please review the following specific
error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'InitializeCulture' is not a member of
'ASP.default_aspx'.

Source Error:
Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" Src="codebehind/KEW_Startup.aspx.vb"
Inherits="KwikEntryApp"%>
Line 2: <HTML>
Line 3: <HEAD>

---------->

Let me know if you have any idea what's causing it or how to fix it.

Jeremy Reid
http://blackstaronline.net/hgtit

Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Initialize Culture - check this out

This one gets me too.
Check out this link... you may find your answer here. It's a .Net framework bug that crops up for a number of different reasons.

go to msdn forums at social . msdn . microsoft . com / forums and do a search for

BC30456: 'InitializeCulture' is not a member of FIXES

It should also come up fairly early in the list if you google "Error BC30456" + "initializeCulture".

This is what fixed it for my site:
If you use Visual studio to publish your site, during the publishing stage on framework 2.0 uncheck the "allow this precompiled site to be updatable".

Good luck!