    http://www.popeyeray.com/algorithm.htm

    Thank You,

    Ray Leon

    Ray Leon, Jun 28, 2008

  2. Ray Leon wrote:
    > Dear Sirs or Madam:
    >
    > I have completed what I believe to be a correct answer to an algorithm. The
    > orignal question was posed as an incomplete algorithm, whereas I was to
    > complete it and move on to a flowchart of the same. I appreciate any help.
    > The link to the picture is here:
    >
    > http://www.popeyeray.com/algorithm.htm
    >
    > Thank You,
    >
    > Ray Leon

    It appears from the instructor's note quoted in the web page that you
    have an instructor who has given carefully chosen help: "Without giving
    you too much, can you see where I'm going with this?". If you have
    doubts about your algorithm, you should discuss them with the instructor.

    For future reference, it is very, very important to indicate what the
    code is supposed to do. Also, there are a lot of ways of organizing and
    indenting if-then-else structures. It doesn't matter much which you
    choose, but you should not mix them in any one piece of code.

    Patricia

    Patricia Shanahan, Jun 28, 2008

  3. Ray Leon

    popeyerayaz Guest

    On Jun 28, 8:39 am, Patricia Shanahan <> wrote:
    > Ray Leon wrote:
    > > Dear Sirs or Madam:

    > > I have completed what I believe to be a correct answer to an algorithm. The
    > > orignal question was posed as an incomplete algorithm, whereas I was to
    > > complete it and move on to a flowchart of the same. I appreciate any help.
    > > The link to the picture is here:

    > >http://www.popeyeray.com/algorithm.htm

    > > Thank You,

    > > Ray Leon
    > >

    > It appears from the instructor's note quoted in the web page that you
    > have an instructor who has given carefully chosen help: "Without giving
    > you too much, can you see where I'm going with this?". If you have
    > doubts about your algorithm, you should discuss them with the instructor.
    >
    > For future reference, it is very, very important to indicate what the
    > code is supposed to do. Also, there are a lot of ways of organizing and
    > indenting if-then-else structures. It doesn't matter much which you
    > choose, but you should not mix them in any one piece of code.
    >
    > Patricia- Hide quoted text -

    I believe I have figured out the algorithm and flowchart for A = 3, B
    = 1, C = 2 but doesn't this alogrithm,and flowchart work for any
    combination of three values assigned to a, b, or c?

    popeyerayaz, Jun 28, 2008
  4. Ray Leon

    Mark Space Guest

    popeyerayaz wrote:

    > I believe I have figured out the algorithm and flowchart for A = 3, B
    > = 1, C = 2 but doesn't this alogrithm,and flowchart work for any
    > combination of three values assigned to a, b, or c?

    Work? To do what?

    You still haven't told us what the algorithm is supposed to do. There's
    no criteria here for completing the assignment.

    Please tell us what it does.

    I can guess, due to the last print statement in the code, but you never
    told us what the algorithm should do. Should it make a tree? Parse a
    line of input? Build a graph? Compute a value, like an average? It does
    none of these...

    Mark Space, Jun 28, 2008
  5. Ray Leon

    Roedy Green Guest