Beginniner Algorithm Question

Ray Leon

Dear Sirs or Madam:

I have completed what I believe to be a correct answer to an algorithm. The
orignal question was posed as an incomplete algorithm, whereas I was to
complete it and move on to a flowchart of the same. I appreciate any help.
The link to the picture is here:

http://www.popeyeray.com/algorithm.htm

Thank You,

Ray Leon
(e-mail address removed)

Patricia Shanahan

Ray said:
Dear Sirs or Madam:

I have completed what I believe to be a correct answer to an algorithm. The
orignal question was posed as an incomplete algorithm, whereas I was to
complete it and move on to a flowchart of the same. I appreciate any help.
The link to the picture is here:

http://www.popeyeray.com/algorithm.htm

Thank You,

Ray Leon
(e-mail address removed)

It appears from the instructor's note quoted in the web page that you
have an instructor who has given carefully chosen help: "Without giving
you too much, can you see where I'm going with this?". If you have
doubts about your algorithm, you should discuss them with the instructor.

For future reference, it is very, very important to indicate what the
code is supposed to do. Also, there are a lot of ways of organizing and
indenting if-then-else structures. It doesn't matter much which you
choose, but you should not mix them in any one piece of code.

Patricia

popeyerayaz

It appears from the instructor's note quoted in the web page that you
have an instructor who has given carefully chosen help: "Without giving
you too much, can you see where I'm going with this?". If you have
doubts about your algorithm, you should discuss them with the instructor.

For future reference, it is very, very important to indicate what the
code is supposed to do. Also, there are a lot of ways of organizing and
indenting if-then-else structures. It doesn't matter much which you
choose, but you should not mix them in any one piece of code.

Patricia- Hide quoted text -

I believe I have figured out the algorithm and flowchart for A = 3, B
= 1, C = 2 but doesn't this alogrithm,and flowchart work for any
combination of three values assigned to a, b, or c?

Mark Space

popeyerayaz said:
I believe I have figured out the algorithm and flowchart for A = 3, B
= 1, C = 2 but doesn't this alogrithm,and flowchart work for any
combination of three values assigned to a, b, or c?

Work? To do what?

You still haven't told us what the algorithm is supposed to do. There's
no criteria here for completing the assignment.

Please tell us what it does.

I can guess, due to the last print statement in the code, but you never
told us what the algorithm should do. Should it make a tree? Parse a
line of input? Build a graph? Compute a value, like an average? It does
none of these...