berlin.jar ...the first Java conference in Berlin, Germany

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ralph Bergmann, Jul 6, 2008.

  1. On September 13 and 14 we provide the first Java conference in Berlin,
    Germany.

    *For our upcoming JAVA conference, we need YOU*

    *Call for Papers*

    This is going to be the the first Java conference in Berlin. Over a
    period of two days (Saturday and Sunday) there are speeches going to be
    held in three tracks, concerning everything about JAVA. Apart from these
    speeches, you are welcome to present your projects in the DemoCamp,
    advertising for your own stuff. Additionally you have the option to
    arrange workshops if you're up to do so. We would be glad to provide you
    with rooms and beamers for this purpose.

    On Saturday evening there will be a barbecue for everyone. We would like
    to beg our speakers and exhibitors to participate in this collective
    event in order to allow for an exchange of information between visitors
    and our experts.

    *Speeches*

    For your speeches, including a reasonable time for answering questions,
    we estimate a term of 90 minutes. There will be a 15-minute break
    between each speech. The only condition your talk has to fulfil is a
    reference to JAVA.

    Please submit your speech together with a short description of it and an
    introduction of yourself to the person in charge by the 8th of august
    2008. Unfortunately, speeches submitted after this date cannot be
    considered for the creation of promotional flyers. By the 15th of august
    we will inform you about the time your speech is scheduled for (if
    necessary, please indicate a preferred time).

    *DemoCamp*

    We provide you with two possibilities to showcase your project. On the
    one hand this could be a speech concerning your project (see speeches).
    On the other hand you will have the opportunity to obtain a booth which
    will enable you to promote your project over the entire duration of the
    conference. In this case please contact us and tell us about your ideas,
    we will take of the details.

    *Workshop*

    You will have the opportunity to arrange a workshop within the scope of
    the conference. Please contact us for the organisation and the order
    that have to be dealt with.

    *Call for Sponsors*

    "Money makes the world go round." (John Cassidy)

    You would like to help us? Our conference is not supposed to be some
    kind of a print office for money, we are not doing this to ramp up our
    bank accounts. Nevertheless, a few bucks out of it could come in handy.

    If you are interested in donating some money and appearing as a sponsor,
    don't hesitate, contact us.

    Every assistance, no matter how small it is, is welcome and appreciated.
    It does not necessarily have to be money, contributions in kind are just
    as welcome.

    Ralph

    --

    Ralph Bergmann

    java user group http://jug-bb.de | http://www.xing.com/net/jugbb
    conference http://berlin.jar.jug-bb.de

    www http://www.dasralph.net/
    mail
    skype dasralph
    icq 228985871

    xing http://www.xing.com/profile/Ralph_Bergmann3
    linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/pub/6/b07/a83

    pgp key id 30C4ECD8
    pgp fingerprint C6E4 3435 7CC8 5008 54EC 1C86 4176 7F75 30C4 ECD8

    Ralph Bergmann, Jul 6, 2008