Best control to display text from database on web page aspx

heinz

What control is best to display ordinary text on an aspx web page?
For example, a short newspaper article as the main content.

In html is just in a table, but whats the best way of doing it in
asp.net 2?
Is it a GridView, a DetailView, a Label, a FormView control, a
DataList?

They can all kind of do it, but which is best?

Thanks

Heinz

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Well if it's just plain text (not formatted HTML) a label control should
work just fine.

heinz

Thanks for taking the time to tell me a label to put
text on a page. I'll use it.