    want of a better word) c++ gui apis one could consider?

    Cheers,
    Ben

    BrianJones, Jul 24, 2004

  2. BrianJones <> spoke thus:

    > Hi, what api would you all recommend for doing GUIs? Since I am primarily a
    > linux user, I was thinking of the GDK set, but having programmed GUIs in
    > Java for a few years now (which is exceptionally easy, but perhaps only
    > because I'm used to it), I was wondering if there were any 'easier' (for
    > want of a better word) c++ gui apis one could consider?

    Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Jul 24, 2004

  3. BrianJones wrote:

    > Hi, what api would you all recommend for doing GUIs? Since I am primarily
    > a linux user, I was thinking of the GDK set, but having programmed GUIs in
    > Java for a few years now (which is exceptionally easy, but perhaps only
    > because I'm used to it), I was wondering if there were any 'easier' (for
    > want of a better word) c++ gui apis one could consider?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Ben

    The QT graphics toolkit uses C++ and has a great designer. It is used by
    KDE.
    --
    Regards
    Mark Marsella

    Mark Marsella, Jul 24, 2004
  4. BrianJones

    Phlip Guest

    BrianJones wrote:

    > Hi, what api would you all recommend for doing GUIs? Since I am primarily

    > linux user, I was thinking of the GDK set, but having programmed GUIs in
    > Java for a few years now (which is exceptionally easy, but perhaps only
    > because I'm used to it), I was wondering if there were any 'easier' (for
    > want of a better word) c++ gui apis one could consider?

    wxWindows is well maintained.

    However, why C++? Why not a softer language, like Ruby, with higher odds of
    helping you get something done rapidly, without all the low-level issues?

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Jul 24, 2004