Best Place to Host ASP.NET Applications

samadams_2006

Hello,

There seem to be so many places out there to host asp.net Web
Applications I figured I had better put an article on this forum to get
some advice. Basically I have an asp.net Web Application that I'm
interesting in Hosting on the Web. I'm planning to offer a training
video subscription service for users. They will pay me a certain
amount per month, and after I have processed their credit card, they
will have access to my download area. From the download area they will
be able to download the training videos that I create. The whole
application will be developed in vb.net and asp.net (perhaps some C#
..net). Is there any good Web Hosting Company out there that offers
this service, has a good reputation, and a decent price as well?
Please indicate the company, and the name of the option that will best
suit this purpose.

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks.

Hello Sam,

I use GoDaddy for my web host, and I am satisified with it overall;
although it seems that it is slow at times (but I took the cheapest
plan).

However, I think that you may be better off buying and setting up a
server of your own in some kind of a datacenter environment.

The reason I say this is because with things like Training Videos, you
might end up requiring a lot of space and the price of space goes up a
lot with web hosts.

Maybe you should do the math and see which would be cheaper for you in
the long run.

- Vaibhav

samadams_2006

Hello,

Thanks for the input...
However, I think that you may be better off buying and setting up a
server of your own in some kind of a datacenter environment.

This sounds rather involved. I'm afraid I don't know much about it.
Any place I could go to find out more about this sort of thing?

Thanks...