Arthur

Konstantin Veretennicov

Roman Suzi said:
;-)

Just type into google
"best programming language"
and press (I am lucky)

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi

Just type in "programming language" and look at #1
;-)

- kv

5

510046470588-0001

Roman Suzi said:
This probably indicates that Python in not well enough described as "best"
for certain domains while Ruby isn't as humble ;-)
the best language is of course Scheme

Klaus Schilling

Ravi Teja Bhupatiraju

No need for quotes either :).

Just type programming and Python is second. First is C. And I thought
Python wasn't getting enough press :).

Now I have something to bash on the heads of people who say "Python?
What's that?"

Hoo Boy!

Andrew Durdin

Another flamewar ?
should I claim Ruby is.. ?

The obvious answer, of course, is that on the newsgroup/mailing list
for language X, define "best programming language" to be X. It saves a
lot of combustion :)

lopex

Andrew said:
The obvious answer, of course, is that on the newsgroup/mailing list
for language X, define "best programming language" to be X. It saves a
lot of combustion :)

agreed

Marcin Mielzynski

huy

Roman said:
;-)

Just type into google
"best programming language"
and press (I am lucky)

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi

Try typing

"programming language" and press "I'm feeling lucky"

Ahhh....that's more like it :p

Huy

Rufus V. Smith

Peter Otten said:
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/

suggests that between Befunge and BETA there is space for "Best" waiting to
be filled by an audacious developer. Good name for Python 3.0, maybe...

I've already seen Best Computers.

Is there a www.thebestwebsite.com?

The answer is left as an exercise for the reader.

Rufus

The Best Programming language, geez.

Shortly followed by The Worst Programming Language,
Or how about :

The
Absolute
Worst
Programming
Language

or TAWPL (for the non-english natives - rhymes with TOPPLE, which is what
happens
when you write in it).

Arthur Rambo

There is no such thing as a "best programming language" of course. It
depends on your goals.

But yes, Ruby, Python and Scheme are very good at many things, and
especially (as mentioned recently by Paul Graham) at hacking and doing
conceptually complex things (as most dynamic languages).

Arthur

Hamilcar Barca

Andrew said:
The obvious answer, of course, is that on the newsgroup/mailing list
for language X, define "best programming language" to be X. It saves a
lot of combustion :)

Or, try comp.lang.functional, where the flame wars often denigrate
"corporation" (read: OO) programmers in favor of the High Priests
of Fuctional Programming.

Greg Ewing

Ravi said:
Just type programming and Python is second. First is C.

From which the conclusion is obvious: While C can
be used for programming, it doesn't deserve to
be called a language. :)

lopex

Greg said:
From which the conclusion is obvious: While C can
be used for programming, it doesn't deserve to
be called a language. :)

So python is built on top of something that is not a language at all ?

Marcin Mielzynski