    Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
    --
    =\= My AI powered by GNU/Linux RedHat 7.3
    Roman Suzi, Aug 13, 2004

  2. Roman Suzi

    lopex Guest

    Roman Suzi wrote:

    > ;-)
    >
    > Just type into google
    > "best programming language"
    > and press (I am lucky)

    Ruby ?

    Marcin Mielzynski
    lopex, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Roman Suzi

    Roman Suzi Guest

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, lopex wrote:

    >Roman Suzi wrote:
    >
    >> ;-)
    >>
    >> Just type into google
    >> "best programming language"
    >> and press (I am lucky)

    >Ruby ?

    This probably indicates that Python in not well enough described as "best"
    for certain domains while Ruby isn't as humble ;-)

    >Marcin Mielzynski

    Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
    --
    =\= My AI powered by GNU/Linux RedHat 7.3
    Roman Suzi, Aug 16, 2004
  4. Roman Suzi

    Arthur Rambo Guest

    Roman Suzi <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > ;-)
    >
    > Just type into google
    > "best programming language"
    > and press (I am lucky)
    >

    > Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi

    Just type into google
    "agile programming language"
    and press (I am lucky)

    Arthur
    Arthur Rambo, Aug 16, 2004
  5. Roman Suzi <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > ;-)
    >
    > Just type into google
    > "best programming language"
    > and press (I am lucky)
    >

    > Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi

    Just type in "programming language" and look at #1
    ;-)

    - kv
    Konstantin Veretennicov, Aug 16, 2004
  6. Roman Suzi

    Guest

    Roman Suzi <> writes:

    > On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, lopex wrote:
    >
    > >Roman Suzi wrote:
    > >
    > >> ;-)
    > >>
    > >> Just type into google
    > >> "best programming language"
    > >> and press (I am lucky)

    > >Ruby ?

    > This probably indicates that Python in not well enough described as "best"
    > for certain domains while Ruby isn't as humble ;-)

    the best language is of course Scheme

    Klaus Schilling
    , Aug 16, 2004
  7. Roman Suzi

    Roman Suzi Guest

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Konstantin Veretennicov wrote:

    >Roman Suzi <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> ;-)
    >>
    >> Just type into google
    >> "best programming language"
    >> and press (I am lucky)
    >>

    >> Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi

    >Just type in "programming language" and look at #1
    >;-)

    WOW!

    Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
    --
    =\= My AI powered by GNU/Linux RedHat 7.3
    Roman Suzi, Aug 16, 2004
  8. No need for quotes either :).

    Just type programming and Python is second. First is C. And I thought
    Python wasn't getting enough press :).

    Now I have something to bash on the heads of people who say "Python?
    What's that?"

    Hoo Boy!

    Ravi Teja Bhupatiraju, Aug 17, 2004
  9. Roman Suzi

    lopex Guest

    wrote:

    > the best language is of course Scheme

    Another flamewar ?
    should I claim Ruby is.. ?

    Marcin Mielzynski
    lopex, Aug 17, 2004
  10. On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:35:26 +0200, lopex <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > the best language is of course Scheme

    > Another flamewar ?
    > should I claim Ruby is.. ?

    The obvious answer, of course, is that on the newsgroup/mailing list
    for language X, define "best programming language" to be X. It saves a
    lot of combustion :)
    Andrew Durdin, Aug 17, 2004
  11. Roman Suzi

    lopex Guest

    Andrew Durdin wrote:

    > The obvious answer, of course, is that on the newsgroup/mailing list
    > for language X, define "best programming language" to be X. It saves a
    > lot of combustion :)

    agreed

    Marcin Mielzynski
    lopex, Aug 17, 2004
  12. Roman Suzi

    Peter Otten Guest

    Andrew Durdin wrote:

    > On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:35:26 +0200, lopex <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> >
    >> > the best language is of course Scheme

    >> Another flamewar ?
    >> should I claim Ruby is.. ?

    > The obvious answer, of course, is that on the newsgroup/mailing list
    > for language X, define "best programming language" to be X. It saves a
    > lot of combustion :)

    http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/

    suggests that between Befunge and BETA there is space for "Best" waiting to
    be filled by an audacious developer. Good name for Python 3.0, maybe...

    Peter
    Peter Otten, Aug 17, 2004
  13. Roman Suzi

    huy Guest

    Roman Suzi wrote:
    > ;-)
    >
    > Just type into google
    > "best programming language"
    > and press (I am lucky)
    >

    > Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi

    Try typing

    "programming language" and press "I'm feeling lucky"

    Ahhh....that's more like it :p

    Huy
    huy, Aug 17, 2004
  14. "Peter Otten" <> wrote in message
    > Andrew Durdin wrote:

    > >> Another flamewar ?
    > >> should I claim Ruby is.. ?

    > > The obvious answer, of course, is that on the newsgroup/mailing list
    > > for language X, define "best programming language" to be X. It saves a
    > > lot of combustion :)

    > http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/
    >
    > suggests that between Befunge and BETA there is space for "Best" waiting

    > be filled by an audacious developer. Good name for Python 3.0, maybe...

    I've already seen Best Computers.

    Is there a www.thebestwebsite.com?

    The answer is left as an exercise for the reader.

    Rufus

    The Best Programming language, geez.

    Shortly followed by The Worst Programming Language,
    Or how about :

    The
    Absolute
    Worst
    Programming
    Language

    or TAWPL (for the non-english natives - rhymes with TOPPLE, which is what
    happens
    when you write in it).
    Rufus V. Smith, Aug 17, 2004
  15. Roman Suzi

    Arthur Rambo Guest

    There is no such thing as a "best programming language" of course. It
    depends on your goals.

    But yes, Ruby, Python and Scheme are very good at many things, and
    especially (as mentioned recently by Paul Graham) at hacking and doing
    conceptually complex things (as most dynamic languages).

    Arthur

    Arthur Rambo, Aug 17, 2004
  16. Roman Suzi

    RPM1 Guest

    Clearly the best programming language is:

    Religion.

    Patrick

    RPM1, Aug 18, 2004
  17. Andrew Durdin wrote:

    > The obvious answer, of course, is that on the newsgroup/mailing list
    > for language X, define "best programming language" to be X. It saves a
    > lot of combustion :)

    Or, try comp.lang.functional, where the flame wars often denigrate
    "corporation" (read: OO) programmers in favor of the High Priests
    of Fuctional Programming.
    Hamilcar Barca, Aug 19, 2004
  18. Roman Suzi

    Greg Ewing Guest

    Ravi Teja Bhupatiraju wrote:
    > Just type programming and Python is second. First is C.

    From which the conclusion is obvious: While C can
    be used for programming, it doesn't deserve to
    be called a language. :)

    --
    Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
    University of Canterbury,
    Greg Ewing, Aug 19, 2004
  19. Roman Suzi

    lopex Guest

    Greg Ewing wrote:
    > Ravi Teja Bhupatiraju wrote:
    >
    >> Just type programming and Python is second. First is C.

    > From which the conclusion is obvious: While C can
    > be used for programming, it doesn't deserve to
    > be called a language. :)

    So python is built on top of something that is not a language at all ?

    Marcin Mielzynski
    lopex, Aug 19, 2004