    suggestion for two complementary books would be great!

    Thanks,
    R.A.
    ra, May 18, 2004

  2. ra

    Symon Guest

    Hi Ra,
    Why not get a book on how to search Google? After you'd read it you'd know
    that by going to Google Groups advanced search and searching for 'good book'
    in comp.lang.vhdl would give you over a thousand hits.
    Cheers, Syms.

    Symon, May 18, 2004

  3. ra

    ra Guest

    Good suggestion. After buying "Google for dummies", I put in practice
    the invaluable knowledge I learnt, and did my first search on Google.
    Amazing! However, I found mostly sites advertising their own books, so I
    don't think I can trust their claim of "being the best book". So, maybe
    the idea of asking into a newsgroup named com.lang.vhdl is not that bad
    after all...

    R.A.

    ra, May 18, 2004
  4. In article <>, ra wrote:
    > Good suggestion. After buying "Google for dummies", I put in practice
    > the invaluable knowledge I learnt, and did my first search on Google.
    > Amazing! However, I found mostly sites advertising their own books, so I
    > don't think I can trust their claim of "being the best book". So, maybe
    > the idea of asking into a newsgroup named com.lang.vhdl is not that bad
    > after all...

    Actually, you can use Google Groups to search for "good book" appearing
    in a given newsgroup. Wasn't it mentioned in the book? ;)

    Nevertheless, the first place to check is the group FAQ which is
    excellent. If that fails, i think it's OK to ask here.

    http://www.vhdl.org/vi/comp.lang.vhdl/FAQ1.html
    Frequently Asked Questions And Answers (Part 2): Books on VHDL
    Tuukka Toivonen, May 18, 2004
  5. ra

    Symon Guest

    Dear Ra,
    Well, you bought the right book; you're the target market! Read what I
    wrote. Goto
    http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en
    Fill in the correct fields, and you'll find that 100s of people have asked
    this very same question in comp.lang.vhdl. In fact, there'll be a few more
    hits today than there were yesterday, because of this dumb conversation!
    Next time, buy "Google for intermediates".
    Good luck, Syms.

    Symon, May 18, 2004