best VHDL book

ra

Hi,
I'm a newbye, looking for some good books on VHDL. Both design and
synthesis are important to me. Unless there is one book covering both, a
suggestion for two complementary books would be great!

Thanks,
R.A.

Symon

Hi Ra,
Why not get a book on how to search Google? After you'd read it you'd know
that by going to Google Groups advanced search and searching for 'good book'
in comp.lang.vhdl would give you over a thousand hits.
Cheers, Syms.

ra

Good suggestion. After buying "Google for dummies", I put in practice
the invaluable knowledge I learnt, and did my first search on Google.
Amazing! However, I found mostly sites advertising their own books, so I
don't think I can trust their claim of "being the best book". So, maybe
the idea of asking into a newsgroup named com.lang.vhdl is not that bad
after all...

R.A.

Tuukka Toivonen

Good suggestion. After buying "Google for dummies", I put in practice
the invaluable knowledge I learnt, and did my first search on Google.
Amazing! However, I found mostly sites advertising their own books, so I
don't think I can trust their claim of "being the best book". So, maybe
the idea of asking into a newsgroup named com.lang.vhdl is not that bad
after all...

Actually, you can use Google Groups to search for "good book" appearing
in a given newsgroup. Wasn't it mentioned in the book? ;)

Nevertheless, the first place to check is the group FAQ which is
excellent. If that fails, i think it's OK to ask here.

http://www.vhdl.org/vi/comp.lang.vhdl/FAQ1.html
Frequently Asked Questions And Answers (Part 2): Books on VHDL

Symon

Dear Ra,
Well, you bought the right book; you're the target market! Read what I
wrote. Goto
http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en
Fill in the correct fields, and you'll find that 100s of people have asked
this very same question in comp.lang.vhdl. In fact, there'll be a few more
hits today than there were yesterday, because of this dumb conversation!
Next time, buy "Google for intermediates".
Good luck, Syms.