Best way to create multi-page "wizards'

news.microsoft.com

I am moving a classic ASP app to ASP.NET (c#). It is a series of pages that
collect data, validtae the data and move to the next form. I used
response.redirect in the classic ASP app but want to know what options I
have for an ASP.NET app.

I could use pannels, but that would require a rather large set of viewstate
data. I have about 15 forms, each with about 5-10 data elements. I could
also use server.transfer I guess.

My question is, what options would be the best for this type of app? Should
I continue to use response.redirect?

Thanks for any ideas!

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

One approach is to create each step as a user control (.ascx) and swap them
in and out of a single .aspx page. You need to control each stage to know
which is the previous, current and next control to display.