Better Than The March On Washington

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Blinky the Shark, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Blinky the Shark, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Blinky the Shark

    kayodeok Guest

    kayodeok, Apr 1, 2004

  3. kayodeok wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in
    > news::

    >> Enforcement!

    >> First article here:

    >> http://webstandards.org/buzz/archive/2004_04.html#a000316

    > This one is even better:

    But I get bonus points for being on topic...

    > Memo: Bill Gates To Sabotage Linux Using "Time-Travel" Machine
    > http://www.linuxinsider.com//perl/story/33215.html

    ....still, this appears to be only 1 prong of a 10-pronged overall
    scheme. Witness (sorry for lack of URL):

    "Today Microsoft announced that it has successfully acquired the assets of
    the Free Software Foundation, which primarily consist of trademarks and
    domain registrations, as well as the ownership rights for all of the 'Gnu'
    'Gnome' and 'Debian' source. Microsoft plans to 'lock in' all of the
    existing 'Open Source' development at this point, and will create a new
    'branch' of development consisting of proprietary source, as already exists
    with their other software products and operating systems."

    "Mr. Bill Gates was quoted as saying `We at Microsoft feel that the best and
    brightest programmers, who have all been hired by now at Microsoft, are the
    only ones qualified to produce reliable operating systems. We also feel
    that 'Open Source' operating systems and software can be more easily
    compromised than conventional software, for the simple reason that you would
    need to decompile and reverse-engineer a 'Closed Source' application or
    operating system before you could locate or learn to exploit any potential
    vulnerabilities.` Yet when asked about the recent incidents involving
    exploits against Microsoft's software, the only response was `No Comment.`"

    "Attempts to contact Richard Stallman, founder of the Free Software
    Foundation and the GNU Project, have not been forthcoming. Electronic mail
    and phone calls have gone unanswered. Rumors exist that Richard Stallman
    may have in fact disappeared, and his whereabouts are being intentionally
    withheld until the merger has been completed. However, an undisclosed
    source has reported seeing him being held captive in a basement at the home
    of a Columbian drug lord."

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 2, 2004
  4. Barry Pearson, Apr 2, 2004
  5. Blinky the Shark

    Ben Measures Guest

    Barry Pearson wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>Enforcement!

    > [snip]
    >
    > All of this misses the *real* news, the replacement of W3C by the World Wide
    > Web Organisation of governments, and the decision to scrap the W3C's XHTML
    > recommendations, and replace them with "NewHTML".
    >
    > It must be true. It isn't dated 1st April:
    >
    > "NewHTML"
    > http://www.barry.pearson.name/articles/new_html/

    New Speak is already here...

    --
    Ben Measures
    Software programming, Internet design/programming, Gaming freak.

    http://ben.measures.org.uk - when I find time

    Ben Measures, Apr 3, 2004
  6. Blinky the Shark

    Firas D. Guest