bgl Python on Mac OS X

psaffrey

I'm trying to build this. I've downloaded the boost libraries (version
1.34) and run configure, make and sudo make install without errors.

Then I've downloaded bgl-python (0.9) and, as instructed, found the
bjam executable from the boost hierarchy, copied it somewhere
convenient and run it in the bgl-python directory. That gave me this
error:

Unable to load Boost.Build: could not find "boost-build.jam"
Attempted search from /Users/pzs/incoming/bgl-python-0.9 up to the
root
and in these directories from BOOST_BUILD_PATH and BOOST_ROOT: /usr/
share/boost-build.
Please consult the documentation at 'http://www.boost.org'.

So I set $BOOST_ROOT to be the root of the boost 1.34 directory and
tried bjam again. This time I get:

error: Could not find parent for project at '.'
error: Did not find Jamfile or project-root.jam in any parent
directory.

Any ideas?

Peter