BigPerl for DOS

Voetleuce

G'day

I'm running a W95 machine and I'd like to run simple third-party Perl
scripts in MS DOS mode. I know of the existence of BigPerl for DOS
but I can't find it anywhere. All the URLs I can find seem to be
pointing to Peugeots and Unimogs. The Wayback Machine was no help
either. Does anyone know where I can find BigPerl for DOS, or any
other Perl interpreter for MS Dos?

Thanks!
Samuel Murray

Alternatively, how can I tell Windows that it's *all*right* if the
script wants to overwrite an existing file? :)

Joe Smith

Voetleuce said:
Alternatively, how can I tell Windows that it's *all*right* if the
script wants to overwrite an existing file? :)

Just use
open(FH,">$filename") or die "Cannot write $filename - $!";

But first, make sure that the file is not currently open by another
process. On Windows, process "B" cannot overwrite an existing
file if process "A" has it open for reading.
-Joe

P.S. This newsgroup is defunct; use comp.lang.perl.misc instead.