Bjarne Stroustrup speaks on a video about C++0x

crea

SG said:
This appears to be an old talk -- judging by the abstract ("...we are
aiming for C++09..."). I'm sure you'll be able to find a more recent
talk video which nearly the same content but which is a little more
up- to-date. I think he gave one in switzerland last year. But I'm not
100% sure about that.

Can you give the link?

But it does not change the fact that his ideas are good. He speaks generally
about compilers etc

itaj sherman

Can you give the link?

But it does not change the fact that his ideas are good. He speaks generally
about compilers etc

Yeah, if the old one includes "concepts" feature before it got
cancelled, it might actually be even better than the updated one.

itaj

K4 Monk

Yeah, if the old one includes "concepts" feature before it got
cancelled, it might actually be even better than the updated one.

itaj

I get the feeling from his writings that he is a grouchy old man who
wears the label

"I INVENTED C++ DO YOU GET IT BITCHES IF NOT, I AM THE FATHER OF C++"
all the time.
I don't read the same arrogance in K&R

Keith H Duggar

I get the feeling from his writings that he is a grouchy old man who
wears the label

"I INVENTED C++ DO YOU GET IT BITCHES IF NOT, I AM THE FATHER OF C++"
all the time.
I don't read the same arrogance in K&R

How bizarre. From his books and talk and get completely the opposite
impression: that he is a pragmatic and humble consensus builder. Can
anyone who works with him personally, say on the committee, comment?

KHD

James Kanze

How bizarre. From his books and talk and get completely the opposite
impression: that he is a pragmatic and humble consensus builder. Can
anyone who works with him personally, say on the committee, comment?

I've met him several times, and spoken with him personally, and
your statement pretty much sums him up. Above all, he listens
to others, and takes their ideas into consideration.