Blank IE Window

Guest

I'm using ASP.Net 1.1 and have a page that I use to call various SQL reports.
To do this, I create the url (based on some parameters the user picks) and
pass it into a java script when the page reloads. The javascript just uses a
window.open, with the url of the report, which works fine. The only thing is
that we send the output to PDF and this creates a blank window behind the pdf
the user has to close. Is there a better way to do what I am doing or a way
to open a sql report in pdf format without the blank page showing up?