    --
    ------------------------------------
    Wayne Wengert

    Wayne Wengert, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Wayne  Wengert

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Wayne Wengert"
    <> writing in

    > I am looking for recommendations for a CSS book to buy. I have a decent
    > background in HTML, ASP, VB Script etc. but I never had to deal with
    > CSS until now. I inherited some web pages that make extensive use of
    > CSS linked files.
    >
    > Ideally, I'd like a book with a good overview tutorial and with
    > references and real-world examples up through the intermediate level.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    I didn't learn CSS from a book. There are plenty of CSS tutorials and
    resources.
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
    http://www.westciv.com/style_master/academy/css_tutorial/
    http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css/

    You might also want to get yourself a good CSS editor. I like
    http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Adrienne;

    Thanks for the advice and the links - I'll pursue them

    Wayne

    Wayne Wengert, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Wayne  Wengert

    kayodeok Guest

    "Wayne Wengert" <> wrote in

    > I am looking for recommendations for a CSS book to buy. I have a
    > decent background in HTML, ASP, VB Script etc. but I never had
    > to deal with CSS until now. I inherited some web pages that make
    > extensive use of CSS linked files.

    I learnt HTML mostly by reading:

    HTML for the World Wide Web with XHTML and CSS 5th Edition
    by Elisabeth Castro

    I have been lurking here for almost a year and here are the
    collection of links I have gathered:

    http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/webdesign.htm

    --
    Kayode Okeyode
    http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/

    kayodeok, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Don't buy a book, there are plenty of free tutorials about the web that do
    it just as good. CSS isn't really difficult at all to learn, you can get
    the general idea of how things work in about fifteen minutes, and from
    there, it's just a matter of having access to a list of properties.

    I'd suggest w3schools' page at: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

    Duil agam go seo cuidiú!
    - CdG

    ------