Book Advice

Wayne Wengert

I am looking for recommendations for a CSS book to buy. I have a decent
background in HTML, ASP, VB Script etc. but I never had to deal with CSS
until now. I inherited some web pages that make extensive use of CSS linked
files.

Ideally, I'd like a book with a good overview tutorial and with references
and real-world examples up through the intermediate level.

Any suggestions?

Adrienne

I am looking for recommendations for a CSS book to buy. I have a decent
background in HTML, ASP, VB Script etc. but I never had to deal with
CSS until now. I inherited some web pages that make extensive use of
CSS linked files.

Ideally, I'd like a book with a good overview tutorial and with
references and real-world examples up through the intermediate level.

Any suggestions?

I didn't learn CSS from a book. There are plenty of CSS tutorials and
resources.
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
http://www.westciv.com/style_master/academy/css_tutorial/
http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css/

You might also want to get yourself a good CSS editor. I like
http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle

kayodeok

I am looking for recommendations for a CSS book to buy. I have a
decent background in HTML, ASP, VB Script etc. but I never had
to deal with CSS until now. I inherited some web pages that make
extensive use of CSS linked files.

I learnt HTML mostly by reading:

HTML for the World Wide Web with XHTML and CSS 5th Edition
by Elisabeth Castro

I have been lurking here for almost a year and here are the
collection of links I have gathered:

http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/webdesign.htm

Cianan Delahunty

Don't buy a book, there are plenty of free tutorials about the web that do
it just as good. CSS isn't really difficult at all to learn, you can get
the general idea of how things work in about fifteen minutes, and from
there, it's just a matter of having access to a list of properties.

I'd suggest w3schools' page at: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Duil agam go seo cuidiú!
- CdG