    Matija Guest

    I'd like a recommendation for a good tutorial or book that teaches standard
    HTML. Thank you.

    Matija, Jun 28, 2007

  2. Matija

    M Guest

    M, Jun 29, 2007

  3. Matija

    Matija Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:41:33 GMT, M wrote:

    > "Matija" <> wrote in message
    >> I'd like a recommendation for a good tutorial or book that teaches
    >> standard
    >> HTML. Thank you.

    > I liked this one. The author(s)tarts from absolute basics and builds from
    > there. Everything presented in nice, easy-to-digest chunks.
    > http://www.htmldog.com/

    That one seems to be teaching XHTML?

    I'm not sreally sure what to learn, HTML or XHTML. I want my page to be
    viewable in as many browsers as possible.

    Matija, Jun 29, 2007
  4. Matija

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 04:11:58 GMT Matija scribed:

    > On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:41:33 GMT, M wrote:
    >
    >> "Matija" <> wrote in message
    >>> I'd like a recommendation for a good tutorial or book that teaches
    >>> standard
    >>> HTML. Thank you.

    >> I liked this one. The author(s)tarts from absolute basics and builds
    >> from there. Everything presented in nice, easy-to-digest chunks.
    >> http://www.htmldog.com/

    > That one seems to be teaching XHTML?

    > I'm not sreally sure what to learn, HTML or XHTML. I want my page to
    > be viewable in as many browsers as possible.

    I'd recommend html 4.01 strict and downloading the spec from the w3c. It
    (the spec) can be difficult to interpret at first and the benefits of an
    outside tutorial as you seek are inarguable. However, once you "get your
    feet wet", the spec will be more understandable and is the fianl reference
    in any case.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Once I had a little dog
    Who wagged its tail spritely.
    But it walked by the harvestor
    And now is shorter slightly.

    Neredbojias, Jun 29, 2007
  5. Matija

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 28 Jun, 21:01, Matija <> wrote:

    > I'd like a recommendation for a good tutorial or book that teaches standard
    > HTML. Thank you.

    I only know _one_ book that I regard as acceptable in this respect,
    and no web sites.
    "Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML", O'Reilly

    (By this I mean that it's a tutorial, it's well written, it has an
    appropriate attitude to HTML 4.01 Strict vs. 3.2, Transitional or
    XHTML, and it teaches good coding style)

    Followed by Lie & Bos' "Cascading Style Sheets" book (CSS tutorial and
    on-going reference)

    Also of course, the W3C site for the "horse's mouth" version of the
    HTML recommendation and DTD.

    Andy Dingley, Jun 29, 2007
  6. Matija wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:41:33 GMT, M wrote:
    >
    >> "Matija" <> wrote:
    >>> I'd like a recommendation for a good tutorial or book that teaches
    >>> standard HTML. Thank you.

    >> I liked this one. The author(s)tarts from absolute basics and builds
    >> from there. Everything presented in nice, easy-to-digest chunks.
    >> http://www.htmldog.com/

    > That one seems to be teaching XHTML?

    Simply substitute the HTML 4.01 Strict doctype and don't use those
    trailing slashes ( /> ) on closing elements. There isn't much else that
    is different. Otherwise, htmldog is a quite good tutorial.

    > I'm not sreally sure what to learn, HTML or XHTML. I want my page to
    > be viewable in as many browsers as possible.

    HTML 4.01 Strict

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 29, 2007